For Individuals and Couples
I am a fellow believer in Christ and believe in the power of Christ to work through Christian counseling. I am a respected Christian therapist in Marietta, Smyrna, and Woodstock. I help those who want a professional, clinical, and experienced viewpoint on managing or resolving anxiety and marriage issues from a Christian perspective. Over the years I have earned the trust of pastors and church staff around the Southeast as a trusted referral source. My goal as a Christian counselor in Woodstock is to provide you with a compassionate, biblically-based, and challenging place where you can obtain accurate assessments, meaningful encouragement, and viable techniques to support you as you navigate through the challenges of life. No matter what you’re going through, whether anxiety, temptations, or marriage disconnect, there is hope in Christ. Please feel free to contact me today to discuss your concerns and evaluate who or what may best help you in your situation.
It takes much courage and effort to admit the need for change and even more determination to accomplish the task. I welcome the opportunity to walk with you through your journey of sorting out your concerns about parenting, anxiety, and marriage through my Christian counseling services in Smyrna.
The following information may help you in your decision to choose me for confidential Christian counseling:
What is Christian Counseling?
Providing Christian Counseling in Marietta simply means incorporating your Christian belief system into treatment. How we make sense of ourselves, others, and the world is always connected to our values and beliefs, whether we recognize it or not. Incorporating your Christian beliefs into therapy can use various strategies. Here are a few examples of ways a Christian worldview is incorporated into treatment:
- Challenging whether your current beliefs about yourself, others, situation, etc. are congruent with what you believe scripturally/ theologically.
- Utilizing and not disparaging your Christian beliefs as a way of identifying and building helpful coping skills.
- Identifying potentially false or harmful religious beliefs, which may not be biblical and may actually contribute to further shame/hopelessness.
- Working towards making sense of whatever tragedy, difficulty, or life circumstance brought you into counseling in light of your belief system.
What Christian Counseling is NOT:
- A therapist telling you to pray more, have more faith, or teach that your current mental health struggles are a result of not being a ‘good enough’ Christian.
- A therapist who forces their own spiritual beliefs on you.
- A therapist invaliding one’s experiences by providing ‘Christianese’ answers to life’s difficulties.
When Should You Choose Christian Counseling?
Are you experiencing a crisis of faith, struggling with questions about your beliefs, or feeling distant from God? Christian counseling in Marietta can provide you with a safe space to explore and reconcile these spiritual struggles! I can help you strengthen your relationship with God, navigate doubts or conflicts, and find meaning and purpose in your faith journey.
Emotional and mental health issues
My Christian counseling can also be helpful for individuals dealing with emotional and mental health issues, such as anxiety, depression, grief, or trauma. I integrate therapeutic techniques with biblical teachings to help you understand the emotional and mental aspects of your struggles in order to help develop coping strategies and find healing and restoration in your faith.
If you are facing issues in your marriage, family, or other relationships, Christian counseling in Smyrna can provide guidance and support. With my Christian counseling services, you will be able to navigate communication issues, conflicts, forgiveness, and reconciliation from a faith-based perspective.
Major life transitions, such as career changes, retirement, divorce, or loss of a loved one, can be overwhelming and challenging to navigate. However, a Christian therapist can help you cope with such a situation. Christian counseling can provide comfort, support, and guidance during these times of change. I can help you process your thoughts and emotions, find meaning in difficult circumstances, and seek God’s guidance as you navigate these transitions.
Addiction and recovery
A Christian counselor can provide spiritual guidance, support, and accountability in overcoming addiction, integrating biblical principles with evidence-based treatment approaches.
Christian Counseling not for you?
That’s okay! I provide both traditional/clinical and faith-based counseling. I will never force my beliefs, Christian or not, onto a client of mine. The level of spirituality we incorporate into counseling is up to you. So individual Christian counseling or Christian counseling for marriage, may help you achieve the meaningful life God intended.
I look forward to meeting with you soon.
The abridged version:
- I engage well with most Christian individuals working on anxiety, parenting, and marriage concerns face-to-face. I also do phone and video meetings, which can be effective for individual counseling but are not as effective for joint marital counseling.
- I use various methods to treat anxiety, parenting, and marriage concerns such as a Biblical version of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which is a successfully proven method based on transformation by renewing the mind (Rom. 12: 1-2).
- I connect well with Christian men who want to seriously address their concerns in a clear and direct manner. Being a Christian man, I know well the issues with which we are most concerned and will collaborate with you to quickly develop a workable plan of action from a Biblical perspective and employ other resources to help you.
- I work well with Christian women who want a Christian counselor’s perspective on relationships with Christ, spouses, children, grandchildren, and friends.
- I relate well with Christian couples who want to identify and resolve conflict areas from a Scriptural perspective. This is most successful in person but may be done via phone or video in certain situations.
- I work well with Christian parents who are broken-hearted about wayward children and help the parents develop Godly strategies to use with adult children.