Individual Counseling may focus on any number of issues and provides a safe environment to work through life’s challenges. We have worked with individuals for over 20 years resolving or managing such as depression, anxiety, broken relationships, ADHD, parenting, managing wayward children (including adult children), and many others.
Individual Counseling is focused on the individual’s immediate or near future concerns. It may encompass career, goal setting, planning, grief after a loved one dies or dealing with problems at a job before they become insurmountable. Individual counseling is a one-on-one discussion between the counselor and the client. The two form an alliance or professional relationship that enables trust and strategies for personal and professional growth
If you’ve been feeling hopeless or lost lately, or struggling with a problem in your life that feels unsurmountable, individual therapy could help you improve your everyday life. Individual therapy helps you win against whatever you’re battling by putting a specialist in your corner by means of a professional therapist.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You don’t know who you could ever trust with knowing about your secret struggle
- You wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way
- You’re interested in therapy, but you don’t want to give up total control
- Other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggle
- You need somebody to listen to you and your feelings and thoughts for once
- You’re interested in therapy, but not sure how it could fit into your life
…Then individual therapy could be right for you.
Individual therapy is so helpful for so many people because it’s the best way to get truly customized therapy. Group therapy may have its own set of numerous advantages but if you want more control over the pacing of your therapy, the methods used, the amount of analysis or feedback you can receive, and the timing of your sessions, you owe it to yourself to look into individual therapy.
If you’re looking for help in improving your everyday life – or for a more tailored therapy experience – you would be a great fit for our individual therapy services. Please reach out to me today for an assessment for individual therapy or to schedule your first appointment.