Rates & Insurance
|Initial 15-minute consult||–||Free|
|25-minute individual session||–||$125|
|45-minute individual session||–||$195|
|1 hr 30-minute initial assessment||–||$400|
POTENTIAL NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF A DIAGNOSIS– Insurance companies require the therapist to give you a mental health diagnosis (e.g., “major depression” or “obsessive-compulsive disorder”) to get reimbursed. Psychiatric diagnoses may come back to negatively impact you in the following ways:
- Denial of insurance when applying for disability or life insurance;
- Company (mis)control of information when claims are processed;
- Loss of confidentiality due to the increased number of persons handling claims;
- Loss of employment and/or repercussions of a diagnosis in situations that require revealing that you have a mental health disorder diagnosis. This includes but is not limited to applying for job applications, applying for financial aid, and concealed weapons permits.
- A psychiatric diagnosis can be brought in a court case, such as a family law, criminal, etc.
For the reasons above, I work with many clients to use to explore payment options such as Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Service Accounts, and Out of Network insurance benefits, and scholarships. Counseling with Jim Ciraky Ph.D., LPC is fee-for-service at the rate of $195.00 per 45-minute session. I accept all major methods of payment.
If you choose to use insurance, you will need to complete the
ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS AND BILLING AUTHORIZATION FORM
I am currently on the panels of the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
- United Health Care
It is important for you to be an informed consumer, so you can empower yourself regarding your health and medical record. At times, having a diagnosis can be helpful such as in the case of a child needing extra services in the school system or a person being able to receive disability.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the co-pay amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
I accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 48 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!