Do you need support, but can’t make it to an in-person appointment? Are you a busy stay-at-home or working parent, and don’t have the time to drive across town for an appointment?
Do you live in a more rural area, or maybe you prefer to just do things Virtually?
If so, we can help you through virtual therapy, or telehealth.
Telehealth allows us to provide counseling and therapy to our clients via live video conferencing. This can be done anywhere you have a computer or smartphone.
Telehealth appointments can be very beneficial if getting to a traditional in-person appointment is not convenient, or you simply just don’t want to.
There are some pros and cons of tele-mental health visits. Take these into account when deciding on in-person versus virtual health meetings.
Here are some positive aspects:
- Great opportunity for the physically challenged or agoraphobic.
- Helps break the ice to begin counseling.
- Convenient meetings from workplace or home office during lunch or break.
- Better manage social stigma of in person attendance.
- More anonymity for authenticity and self-disclosure.
- Easy access for most.
Here are some negative aspects:
- Confidentiality may not be guaranteed from your home with family around.
- Information may be stolen via unsecured networks.
- Technological obstacles via computer and internet limitations.
- Inappropriate for certain psychiatric conditions.
- Some people need in-person connections or safety of a neutral private space.
- Body Language cannot be observed.
While I and most of my clients prefer in person sessions, I look forward to meeting with you regardless of the format.